Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. ~ Jane Austen

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Patience for a Lonely Soul

"You should be getting over this by now, it's been two months. "
Almost.
And I am.
It's not like someone died.
Only a breakup.
But. We were together two years, I think I'm allowed to take more than two months to recover.
But I'm not getting over the loneliness.
My sister is almost married and gone.
My boyfriend is no longer mine.
My few friends are moving away and I have no car to visit them with.
I am indescribably lonely.
Left behind by life.
They are moving on, moving forward.
I am stuck in this post-boyfriend, pre-sister's-wedding, pre-job, post-piano rut. Sunk deep into it.
And all I can do is pray.
And wait for God's timing.
And I will have that be enough.
"Patience, my love,
there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
My plan for you
is so much better than you can ever envision.
You just need to learn patience. "

No comments:

Post a Comment