Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. ~ Jane Austen

Monday, June 16, 2014

Decisions


There's this decision I need to make.
A life altering one.
I never thought about it this seriously before.
Maybe partially because I was in the middle of the piano year. 
And I don't quit in the middle of something.
But now I have only a couple more lessons left.
And I feel like maybe God is telling me to stop piano.
I can never consentrate on it. 
And I never have any money.
Because I spend almost $4,000 a year of my very meager income on piano lessons.
I feel like I could be spending my money on better things, 
And saving it for my future.
And I never have any time.
I can't seem to stay on top of anything. 
Get done what needs doing.
So maybe this is God telling me
"Lauren, enough is enough. 
I want you to take a different path than the one you've been following."
We had a Bible study lesson this year, 
And one of the things that really stood out to me was this:
"you have time for everything on God's to-do list"
Maybe the reason I never have time 
Is because this is no longer on God's to-do list for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment