Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings. ~ Jane Austen

Friday, November 22, 2013

Best Alarm Clock

This morning I was suddenly wide awake. I had remembered in my sleep that I had forgotten to do something that had to be checked by 7:00 this morning. But I looked at my clock and it said 7:40... I had missed the deadline. It wasn't a super important thing, just check some songs for Sunday and figure out if I needed to change any of them, but I still had wanted to make sure... I laid back down, disappointed that I had missed the deadline, disappointed I had forgotten to do it last night. But comforting myself that I am a good pianist. Suddenly, as I was laying there trying to fall back to sleep, I remembered that my clock was still an hour ahead! It was only 6:40! I lay there for a few moments longer, deciding if it was worth leaving my cozy nest. I believe, however, that God woke me up. Thankfully I did not need to change any of the songs, but if I had I would have been super stressed for missing the time given me for changing it. And I am very grateful God woke me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment